Guitarist, multi-instrumentalist, composer and bandleader based in Winterthur, Switzerland.
After graduating as a jazz guitarist from the Zurich School of Music and Drama (Hochschule für Musik und Theater Zürich), Beat Keller obtained a Master of Arts in composition from the Lucerne School of Music (Musikhochschule Luzern).
Among his current projects are Keller's 10, Cao-Keller-Siedl (VN/CH/AUT), Gunfire Orchestra (CH/NO/SA), Bowee.Keller (CH), Peckinpah Trio (CH/USA), Beat Keller, Darius Ciuata (CH/LIT) and Tilo Weber's Animate Repose (DE).
His compositions have been played and recorded by NDR Bigband, Lucerne Jazz Orchestra, Ballbreaker Ensemble, Composer's Group Ensemble, Keller's 10 and the Haiku String Trio.
Beat Keller has played concerts at renowned festivals in Switzerland, in neighbouring Europe, the United States and on the African continent.
Record releases on: Unit Records, Alpinechic (both CH), Edition Wandelweiser Records, Attenuation Circuit, Shoebill Records (all DE), Silken Tofu (BE), Plus Timbre (GR) and others.
He has won the following grants and awards:
- "Best Debut Release 2008" (worldwide) awarded by AllAboutJazz, New York, for "Keller's <10>";
- "Förderpreis 2010" from the City of Winterthur;
- "Artist Residency" in Cape Town, South Africa, 2012, awarded by the Pro Helvetia Foundation;
- "Moods Jazz & Blues Award 2013", 2nd prize for "Keller's 10";
- "Artist in Residence" in Berlin, Germany, 2014/2015, awarded by the Canton of Zurich.